   XML product survey - V3

  • From: Pam Gennusa <pam.gennusa@dpsl.co.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 11:58:29 +0000

Hello

On 7 April 1998, Technology Appraisals will again be hosting a one-day
seminar on XML in the UK (the first one was last April and the second one
was last November when I last wrote to you about this). I have been asked to

present a survey of the work to date on XML products and tools.

If you responded last time, and you have new news, please do respond again.
This
is an excellent opportunity to let a larger community know about the vast
amount
of activity that is going on in this area.

The presentation will not include any evaluation of the products or tools
mentioned. However, I would like to be able to give the following
information:

Vendor or independent developer's name
Contact information for vendor or developer (if desired)
Name of tool or product
General catelgory of tool or product
Status (released, in beta, etc.)
Commercial details (price, public domain, etc.)
Brief description of product or tool highlighting distinguishing
characteristics.

If you have not got an XML offering yet, can you please let me know if your
company:

a) has taken a position on XML product support and if so what
b) has made any announcements about XML product support and if so what (also

any caveats that apply)
c) is planning any XML product support that you are comfortable talking
about at this time

I appreciate any information you can supply. Ideally, I would like to get
the information by Wednesday 1 April (earlier would be delightful and no,
this isn't an April fools joke). If you intend to respond, but cannot by
that date, please let me know as well.

Kind regards,
Pam

P.S. On another topic, please note that the SGML/XML Europe '98 Advance
Programme and Registration is out. It is available on the GCA website at
www.gca.org or you can contact their office at +1 703 519 8167 to send a
copy of the brochure. Please make sure you make your hotel reservations as
early as possible as they hotel is filling up quickly
Pamela L. Gennusa, Managing Director
email: Pam.Gennusa@dpsl.co.uk
Database Publishing Systems Ltd, 608 Delta Business Park
Great Western Way, Swindon, Wiltshire SN5 7XF, UK
Tel:+44 1793 512 515;fax +44 1793 512 516
                     URL:www.dpsl.co.uk