   Need good approach for XML-based presentations

  • From: "James L Weaver"<JLWeaver@mail.delcoelect.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 10:56:15 -0500

James L Weaver@DELCO on 03-20-98 10:56:15 AM

In the past, I've developed the content of my presentations using HTML, and
displayed them with a JavaScript/frames-based engine.  XML seems to be the
next logical step for this concept, so I would like to know if there are
any tools for this.  The presentations aren't complicated; usually just
slide titles, bullet items, images, and links to external pages.  Is this
best handled by creating the content in XML and a style sheet that would be
flexible enough to display the slides, or would some type of Java or
JavaScript engine still be required?

Thank you,

James L. Weaver
EDS
Pager (best way to reach me): 765.454.3027
Voice mail: 765.451.4729
Email: jlweaver@mail.delcoelect.com

"Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' label
on a Web page appears to be yearning for the bad old days, before the Web,
when you had very little chance of reading a document written
on another computer, another word processor, or another network."
-Tim Berners-Lee in Technology Review, July 1996

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)