   Re: Relational Tables and structured documents

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 10:55:11

At 22:37 21/03/98 -0500, Jonathan Robie wrote:
[... PeterMR...]

>This is rather analogous to the object-to-relational mapping problem. If
>you define schemas in XML and define a mapping onto the relational
>database, there is a solution. Or you can have someone define how the joins
>should be made to create the XML elements. There is not, of course, a

Thanks. This is indeed the solution I have been pursuing. My intention is
to control the joins through a set of declarations (in XML :-) - this means
that they can be reconfigured by different people/clients. I wondered if
there was already a standard 'language' for this or whether I just hack my
own and hope.

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg