   Re: MSXSL DOES NOT VALIDATE XML AGAINST DTD

  • From: "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman@ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "Amit Rekhi" <amitr@abinfosys.com>, <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 15:00:27 -0800

>>But unfortunately,the MSXSL processor is not validating the XML file I
give it as input, against its corresponding DTD.<<

    It is not required for XML processors to validate against the DTD, they
only have to see that they are well formed.

"5. Conformance
Conforming XML processors fall into two classes: validating and
non-validating.
Validating and non-validating systems alike must report violations of the
well-formedness constraints given in this specification.
Validating processors must report violations of the constraints expressed by
the declarations in the DTD. They must also report all failures to fulfill
the validity constraints given in this specification. "

Frank
> I have run a few test applications using the MSXSL processor.
> But unfortunately,the MSXSL processor is not validating the XML file I
>give it as input, against its corresponding DTD.
> How to enable the MSXSL processor to validate the XML against its DTD???
>

>xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
>Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
>To (un)subscribe, mailto:majordomo@ic.ac.uk the following message;
>(un)subscribe xml-dev