   RE: Namespaces in XML: 3.1 the example [2]

  • From: Roy Tennant <rtennant@library.berkeley.edu>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 07:10:27 -0800 (PST)

Well then I guess I don't understand why this wouldn't be perfectly
acceptable (is it?):

<?xml:namespace ns="Library of Congress" prefix="B"
src="http://www.loc.gov/schema/books/"?>

If all "ns=" identifies is an authority that is not to be parsed, then why
the URI? If it is to make sure that the authority is identified in a
standard way, then http://www.loc.gov/ is more appropriate, *without*
"schema/". Sorry to nitpick, but heck, what's the standardization process
but a long series of group nitpicking sessions? <grin>
Roy Tennant

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)