   Announce: XPointer Implementation with DSSSL

  • From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@isogen.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 13:20:56 -0600

I have begun implementing XPointer resolution in DSSSL. The code is still
incomplete but does enough to be useful at least for testing purposes. You
can find the package at
"http://www.drmacro.com/hyprlink/xlink>http://www.drmacro.com/hyprlink/xlink".

At this point, it supports all four absolute location terms and all the
relative terms except preceding (I have a bug somewhere that I haven't
chased down).  It does not yet do attribute qualification.

The functions are provided as a DSSSL function package you can use by
reference from other packages.  It is provided as a service to the
community and carries no intellectual property restrictions on its use.

It is undocumented in the form provided here (the source form I develop in
is documented, but I'm just using simple architectural instance extraction
to generate the DSSSL specs provided in the package--if anyone wants the
base source, I'm happy to provided it. Indicate whether or not you want the
ADEPT*Editor setup as well).

I welcome contributions, bug reports, suggestions for improvement, etc.

Cheers,

E.
--
<Address HyTime=bibloc>
W. Eliot Kimber, Senior Consulting SGML Engineer

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)