   AttValue within XPointer ?

  • From: Patrice Bonhomme <Patrice.Bonhomme@loria.fr>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 19:14:29 +0200

I had a look at the brand new XML XPointer specification and something is not
clear to me.  Some of the XPointer examples are not conformant to the XML
Language specification.

I am not sure that an attribute value can start with a digit. And some
examples are:

I think they should be written (with the attribute value as a "SkipLit"):

Could the editors of the XPtr Spec. precise the definition of the NAME

Thanks a lot.

  bonhomme@loria.fr               |      Office : B.228
  http://www.loria.fr/~bonhomme   |      Phone  : 03 83 59 30 52
   * Serveur Silfide  : http://www.loria.fr/projets/Silfide