   Mixed content

  • From: Leif Jonsson <Leif.Jonsson@era-t.ericsson.se>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 11:15:42 +0200

Hello!

My name is Leif Jonsson and I am a computer scientist student from
Sweden.

I have two basic questions, and I apologize if they are very obvious,
but I haven't
found a clear answer to it in any FAQ so I ask in this forum.

1. Why are the restrictions in MIXED CONTENT as they are, that is, no
order
    between the elements are allowed and you can not specify the number
of times
    they are to appear?

2. With the question above in mind, I assume there are some theoretical
motivation
    to these restrictions, but how are you then supposed to achieve the
above desired
    effects without adding "wrapper elements"? Is there a restructuring
you can do or?

Again I apologize if these are stupid questions, but at least then they
should have short
answers. =)

Highest regards and greetings...
-Leif Jonsson