   Re: When is an attribute an attribute?

  • From: Robin Cover <robin@ACADCOMP.SIL.ORG>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 16:41:13 -0500 (CDT)

I finally created a document for the (Grammar) "Topics" section
in the SGML/XML Web Page w/ a few pointers to previous discussion
on "elements versus attributes."  The treatment by Steve DeRose
in the SGML FAQ Book is especially thorough.

See:   http://www.sil.org/sgml/elementsAndAttrs.html

which bears the title

"SGML/XML: Elements versus Attributes.  When Should I Use Elements,
and When Should I Use Attributes?

Cheers,

Robin
Robin Cover                    Email: robin@acadcomp.sil.org
6634 Sarah Drive
Dallas, TX  75236  USA          >>> The SGML/XML Web Page <<<
Tel: +1 (972) 296-1783 (h)     http://www.sil.org/sgml/sgml.html
Tel: +1 (972) 708-7346 (w)
FAX: +1 (972) 708-7380