   Re: "writers' memberships" Re: Open Standards Processes

  • From: Jon.Bosak@eng.Sun.COM (Jon Bosak)
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 16:17:09 -0700

[Stefan Mintert:]

| Since I'm currently writing a book about XML I have to break my
| silence ;-)
|
| I would appreciate such a "writers' membership" VERY much. Where's the
| right place to discuss that? (I don't think XML-Dev is)

The right place is the W3C Advisory Committee, which next meets in
June.

Hmmm...  I would volunteer to push this, but I honestly can't commit
the energy.  (I'm behind deadline this very moment and cannot believe
that I've even allowed myself to get sucked into this round of
correspondence.)  About the best I can do is try to bring this to the
attention of people who have the bandwidth to lobby for it.

If any of you work for organizations that are W3C members, bring this
up with your AC rep.  I'll do the same.

Jon

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest