   Re: Software specifications (was Re: announce : innovation Partners and

  • From: Alain DESEINE <alain@cabinfo.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 10:12:50 +0200

Peter Murray-Rust wrote:

> Thanks for the posting,
>
> At 14:53 03/05/98 +0200, Alain DESEINE wrote:
> >innovation Partners and CEI announce IRIS XML DTD GENERATOR beta 1
>
> [... impressive specification of XML tools ...]
>
> I couldn't immediately see a statement of what platforms and/or language
> this system uses (Please forgive me if I've missed it). I suggest that
> those posting software announcements on XML-DEV include a very short
> summary of attributes such as:
>         - platform
>         - or language if it can run, or be compiled on multiple platforms
>         - source availability
>         - any usage or distribution restrictions
>         - free or costs-money (no need to give prices).
>         - any other software required (e.g. uses FOO-XML as a parser, BAR-DSSSL
> for stylesheet support, etc.)
>
> This helps some classes of user decide whether it is unnecessary to visit
> the site (e.g. can't run on a MAC, etc.). Sometimes (not on XML-DEV :-)
> with large downloads I have spent an hour or more (costs money) to find
> that the kit could not run on what I have.
>
> It also helps people like Robin Cover and many other who compile lists of
> software and related resources.
>
>         P.
>
> Peter Murray-Rust, Director Virtual School of Molecular Sciences, domestic
> net connection
> VSMS http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/vsms, Virtual Hyperglossary
> http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg

We effectivly miss this informations so here they are :

- Platform : Windows 3.x, Windows 95, Windows NT (Win 16 bits
application)
- No sources
- Beta versions are free for evaluation purpose, feedback, bug report,
and functionnalities wishes.
- Future 1.00 version will be Commercial, so they won't be free ...

You can download it at http://www.cabinfo.com/download.htm

Alain.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest