   Should I develop an SMIL editor?

  • From: Rolande Kendal <kendal@interlog.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 10:17:27 -0400

I am new to SGML/SMIL, and I find myself wondering if an SMIL editor would
be a good choice of commercial products to target. Do I need a wake-up
call? I am imagining a specialized XML editor that includes temporal
attributes and a frame by frame like content view.

If the project is a go, then I would have moderate development funds to
work with.

I am aware there are key individuals on this list who are well established
in such technology, and who are already working on their own agendas. Could
we cooperate for mutual benefit?

I would be interested in knowing more about desired product features,
design issues, foreseeable risks, and whether anyone would be interested in
participating with development and to what extent.

Regards,

Rolande Kendal
kendal@interlog.com

(un)subscribe xml-dev