   RE: A little wish for short end tags (Was: RE: SDD bogus)

  • From: Bryan Gilbert <Bryan_Gilbert@pml.com>
  • To: "'XML-DEV'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 13:53:35 -0700

	[BG]  Why is it a slippery slope? Why go all the way and do
	these NET-enabled things. (They look gross.)
	My interest is supporting XML on embedded platforms where
	ROM, RAM, CPU, are all very limited.  XML combined
	with XSL will be much better than HTML documents for this
	application but lecc verbosity would be good too.

	For those who need cryptic tags see the example DTDs that
	John Tigue (DataChannel) developed for the WebBRoker project.
	He presents a verbose DTD and then a terse version. Both
	use preliminary XML namespaces to scope the elements.
	The namespace helps document the terse version as
	does the comments in the DTD.
	http://www.datachannel.com/xml/dtd/index.html

	Bryan

(un)subscribe xml-dev