   SAX Parsers - standalone

  • From: Chris Hubick <maillist@chris.hubick.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 12:09:58 +0000 (GMT)

	Up until now I have been using MSXML for my project at work. I am
now converting to use SAX.  I have documents with the following:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<!DOCTYPE JDF SYSTEM "/dtd/JDF.dtd">

	The thing is, right now, "/dtd/JDF.dtd" doesn't exist.  This is a
browsing application, and I don't want to do validation.  And I need to
feed the parser using an input stream.  Using MSXML I can do
"document.setLoadExternal(false);" before I call load.  With SAX, I
thought I would just be able to return null in my entityResolver, and I
would achieve the same functionality.  Aelfred throws "no protocol:
/dtd/JDF.dtd".
	What can I do to keep the parser from looking for external
documents? Since all the documents are standalone, I could remove the
DOCTYPE's from each, but I may want to do validation under some
circumstances in the future, and would like to avoid this if possible.  I
also use the SystemLiteral to identify the document type (I guess I
could use the root element name = JDF).

				Much Thanks!

---
Chris Hubick