   Empty End Tags Considered Confusing

  • From: Chris Maden <crism@ora.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 11:16:50 -0400 (EDT)

I think it was xml-dev that was discussing this; the archive is down
(Henry, are you listening?).

I was pretty agnostic on the matter; I won't use them, but can cope
with them.  But I got this message from O'Reilly's German office
today.  They're a pretty clued group of people, but a book rife with
empty end-tags had them stumped: