   Proposal Announcement - XML DTDs to XML docs

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <SimonStL@classic.msn.com>
  • To: "Xml-Dev (E-mail)" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 98 18:37:56 UT

I'd like to announce the posting of an unofficial and incomplete proposal for
the representation of XML DTDs as XML documents at:

http://members.aol.com/simonstl/xml

While it lacks _any_ official standing, I hope folks will take a look at it
and consider its possibilities.  It has some overlap (and I think eventual
compatibility) with XML-Data, but it aims at a much smaller target.  This
proposal is more interested in making XML a friendlier and more
self-consistent environment than in creating complex schemas for XML content.

All comments, positive and negative, are welcome.  Unlike my other essays,
this one is explicitly _not_ copyrighted; I'd really like to see these ideas
flower, even as part of someone else's proposal (as is probably necessary).
If anyone is interested in contributing, I'd like very much to expand this.

Simon St.Laurent
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer / Cookies

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)