   Re: XSD: What will it do?

  • From: Paul Prescod <papresco@technologist.com>
  • To: "Xml-Dev (E-mail)" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 01:11:18 -0400

Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> In its most stripped-down form, XSD may also provide application developers
> with a lightweight means to check element and attribute structures without
> needing to figure out parameter entities, external inclusions, and the other
> power tools which make processing a DTD more complex.   I'd like to see a
> simple tool that verifies a document against an XSD built as one of the early
> implementations, and I'm covering a whiteboard with my own odd ideas of how to
> accomplish this.

I'm hoping to adapt some code I have for DTD validation to this task, but
it's in Python, and even though Python can be compiled to the JVM,
everyone else probably wants a Java version. I prefer not to prototype in
Java because the ultra-strict type system tends to constrain my creativity
(though for production code, I think that it enhances my rigour). I'll see
what I can do in the time I have available...

Three things never trust in: That's the vendor's final bill
The promises your boss makes, and the customer's good will
http://www.geezjan.org/humor/computers/threes.html

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)