   RE: XSD: Proposed Goals, Rev. 3

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <SimonStL@classic.msn.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 98 17:09:18 UT

Dan Brickley wrote:

>If [9] is to mention metadata, it might be worth ammending [11] to
>explicitly say "regarding XML and the RDF data model." (or "RDF metadata"
>or similar phrase).

You're right about this, though it's an issue I had hoped to avoid at this
stage of the game.  The kind of metadata we've been talking about here is
descriptive information - documentation - not the more complete information
RDF provides.  Nonetheless, I don't want collisions.

This will be one of the key questions asked in the next phase of the
discussion.  I consider RDF one of the "W3C recommendations regarding XML" and
don't think this needs to be stated explicitly.  Others may feel differently,
and I'd like to hear suggestions.

Simon St.Laurent
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer / Cookies

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)