   Re: Names and schemas

  • From: "Steven R. Newcomb" <srn@techno.com>
  • To: papresco@technologist.com
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 10:14:24 -0500

[Paul Prescod:]

> I believe that through a careful agreement upon and application of
> definitions, we can get rid of most complaints about the namespaces
> proposal and remove all overlap between that proposal and things
> like architectural forms and XSchemas (under development).

If that's true, then that's GREAT!

However, I keep stumbling over a problem in my own mind.  (Maybe it's
just too obvious for me to see it.)  Using your defined terms, please
explain the usefulness and/or purpose -- in terms of how it furthers
the cause of reliable, vendor-neutral information interchange -- of
declaring that a real or conceptual object exists, in the absence of
any interchangeable definition of what that object is, or what
constraints it must conform to in order to be processable.

Steven R. Newcomb, President, TechnoTeacher, Inc.
srn@techno.com  http://www.techno.com  ftp.techno.com

voice: +1 972 231 4098 (at ISOGEN: +1 214 953 0004 x137)
fax    +1 972 994 0087 (at ISOGEN: +1 214 953 3152)

3615 Tanner Lane
Richardson, Texas 75082-2618 USA

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest