   LISTADMIN: Daily digests instead of weekly ones?

  • From: "Rzepa, Henry" <h.rzepa@ic.ac.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 15:02:11 +0100

The volume on this list has grown to the point that daily digests are probably
preferable to weekly ones.

I will shortly  put this request  into the people who run the digests, and hope it could
be actioned shortly (unless  I get strong representations from the list not to do
so).  I will also ask for the siggy file to be shortened so as to reduce the
bulk of the digests at least a little (the siggy arose from my inability to
get off a list I subscribed to a few years back because the information to do
so was entirely lacking!!)

Meanwhile, if you wish to  subscribe to the digests,
mailto:majordomo@ic.ac.uk the following message;
subscribe xml-dev-digest

<deprecated>PLEASE DO NOT do so using the form
subscribe xml-dev-digest  email@address</deprecated>

since this requires direct intervention by me, and  I would not wish
to have to cope with the deluge if its avoidable (about 15-30 manual
interventions per week are currently needed).

Similarly, if you wish to unsubscribe from the individual postings list,
PLEASE DO NOT do so using the form
unsubscribe xml-dev  email@address

since the same applies.

Oh, trivial as it may seem, I get about 2-3 requests a week actually
of the form
subscribe xml-dev  youremail@youraddress, where the latter has not
been expanded to the user's actual values. I expect the people who
send such requests often wonder why they never get added to the list!

Dr Henry Rzepa,  Dept. Chemistry,  Imperial College,  LONDON SW7 2AY;
mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk; Tel  (44) 171 594 5774; Fax: (44) 171 594 5804.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)