   Re: Press Release: Vervet Logic Releases XML Pro v.1.0

  • From: David Gulbransen <dgulbran@vervet.com>
  • To: Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 12:03:55 -0500 (EST)

> [Posted for Murray Altheim]
> >I looked over the press release and the online text describing your editor
> >and found nothing about platform support (not even on the order form). Is
> >it Java-based and hence runs on any platform?

	Thanks for pointing out that omission, we've corrected it on our
site. To answer your questions, we currently are only shipping a Win32 exe
of XML Pro. As some of you have pointed out, we do conduct our development
with Java, and we _do_ have a 100% Java version available. However,
because of some problems with Swing, we're not 100% confident in releasing
the Java port just yet. We will consider licensing the Java version for
volume purchases or site license, provided we can work with the customer
to ensure compatibility and functionality.

	Thanks again for brining this up, not including it in the press
release was an oversight on our part. Please do not hesitate to mail me if
you have any other questions/concerns.

-David

David Gulbransen                              v e r v e t   l o g i c
President and CEO	                      -----------------------
812.856.5270 | fax 812.855.4506		       http://www.vervet.com

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest