   Re: LISTRIVIA (was RE: Question about Architectures and Versioning)

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo@hesketh.com>
  • To: Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 19:19:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Peter Murray-Rust wrote:
> This is actually an excellent project for anyone who wants to learn XML - a
> nice mixture of structure and text.

Having just recently hacked on hypermail (to add arbitrarily defined
headers and footers to its output) I can back Peter up on this. The HTML
produced by hypermail isn't that awful, but it might be worth looking at
hypermail itself to see how best to map its data structures directly to
XML elements. This would make it easier to deal with and would certainly
make more sense than trying to figure out the HTML output after-the-fact.

If I get some time, maybe I'll do this. It won't be this month, though.
I do have some modified source which supports header/footer files via
the standard config file, though, if anyone wants them.

--
"All the good geek things,  |          schampeo@hesketh.com
 only without all the       |     http://a.jaundicedeye.com

(un)subscribe xml-dev