   XSchema Spec Section 2.5, Draft 2

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <SimonStL@classic.msn.com>
  • To: "Xml-Dev (E-mail)" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 98 23:33:31 UT

Until we sort out the validation/functionality issue, I'm leaving these as
elements so that the parser doesn't have to deal with missing parts.

Namespaces and some wording have been fixed.

I'd really like an example for this.  Anyone got a good one?

Simon St.Laurent
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer / Cookies

2.5 Notation Declarations

Notation declarations are made with XSC:Notation elements nested in the
XSC:XSchema element.

<!ELEMENT XSC:Notation (XSC:Doc?, ((XSC:PubidLiteral, XSC:SystemLiteral?) |
XSC:SystemLiteral))>
<!ATTLIST XSC:Notation
      name NMTOKEN #REQUIRED>
<!ELEMENT XSC:PubidLiteral EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST XSC:PubidLiteral
	Pubid CDATA #REQUIRED>
<!ELEMENT XSC:SystemLiteral EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST XSC:Systemliteral
	href CDATA #REQUIRED>

Notations may include Public Identifier or a system literal, or both in that
order.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)