   RE: XSchema Spec, Section 3, Draft 1 (Namespaces)

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <SimonStL@classic.msn.com>
  • To: "Xml-Dev (E-mail)" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 98 18:17:08 UT

>unless the purpose is to document the prefix, then the schema encoding should
>take the form
>
><?xml version="1.0"?>
><?xml:namespace ns="http://www.purl.org/NET/XSchema/v1" prefix="XSC"?>
><?xml:namespace ns="http://simonstl.com/" prefix="NewSpace"?>
><XSC:XSchema>
>  <XSC:Namespace ns="http://simonstl.com/">
>    <XSC:Doc>The namespace (region) above is a total waste of time</XSC:Doc>
>  </XSC:Namespace>
>  <XSC:ElementDecl name="NewSpace:WasteOSpace">
>    <XSC:Empty/>
>  </XSC:ElementDecl>
></XSC:XSchema>
>
>otherwise, you're encoding things which you do not mean.

Great.  So now I get to do the namespace declaration three times?  (Once with
the PI, once with the XSC:Namespace just to document the ns, and once in the
document itself?)  Talk about redundancy!

Forget it.  This one's staying where it is, unless I hear from an angry crowd.
 And yes, you could document both the ns info and the prefix if you felt like
it.

Simon St.Laurent
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer / Cookies

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)