   Re: XSchema Spec, Section 3, Draft 1 (Namespaces)

  • From: james anderson <James.Anderson@mecomnet.de>
  • To: "Xml-Dev (E-mail)" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 21:50:50 +0200

Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> And again, since the XSchema processor is already going to have to handle the
> task of expanding namespace references in the name attributes of ElementDecl

if "processors" have to do this then the (base) architecture is wrong.

binding qualified names to universal identifiers is an "encoding/decoding"
problem. it is not a "processing" problem.

sorry to be so unequivocal here, but it is evident that i've yet to make the
point clearly enough to get across.

> elements, the PI is redundant and doesn't accomplish anything.  The XSchema
> processor is in charge of that task.  We could choose to use the
> less-accomplished PI instead of the XSC:Namespace element, but I see no
> benefits to doing that.

the suggested encoding as a XSC:Namespace is forcing the merging of two
problem aspects (the notation for symbols - and - the documentation for the
namespace regions) which belong separable.

as you've said, i'm repeating myself too much, and without effect.
i'll shut up about this 'till i figure out how to make it clear.

bye for now,

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)