   Re: XSchema: root element

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <SimonStL@classic.msn.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 98 15:51:38 UT

I think what I'm going to aim for is something a little less harsh than
INVALID or forbidden, something like

(Recommended | Possible | Unlikely)

Does that keep everyone's ducks in a row?  Authoring software would tend to
ignore the Unlikelys and emphasize the Recommendeds, while those writing
XSchema processors wouldn't have to check "Forbidden" and kick out someone's
unfortunate legacy document for committing sins against the designer's intent.
I think this keeps us more in line with current practice, while providing
enhanced (recommendation) functionality.

Simon St.Laurent
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer / Cookies

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)