   Extensible Log Format (XLF) Initiative

  • From: "Don Park" <donpark@quake.net>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 02:11:18 -0700

Hello,

I would like to put together a small and focused team of developers to work
on the Extensible Log Format (XLF) specification.  Once the spec is
completed, we will encourage server companies as well as log analyzer
companies to support the specification so that we will have a truely
universal log format.  I believe that the software industry in general will
benefit greatly and immediately from this effort.

The problem of log format based on XML is fairly interesting in its own
right since it requires XML parsers with the ability to parse incrementally
(logs are typically huge and practically never ending).

Please contact me or reply to this e-mail if you are interested.

Best wishes,

Don Park
CTO
Docuverse