   Re: Attributes with Intent (and namespaces)

  • From: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>
  • To: "XML Developers' List" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 21:34:09 -0400

G. Ken Holman writes:

 > When I write my stylesheets, then, will I have to write the following?
 > (a) namespace aware for element:  <mycompany:para>
 > <rule>
 >     <target-element type='www.company.com/para'/>
 >     <paragraph
 >         space-before='10pt'>
 >         <children/>
 >     </paragraph>
 > </rule>

No -- or at least, I imagine not.  There are two more interesting

1. Use something similar to DSSSL modes, one for each namespace:

<namespace ns="www.company.com/para">
  <target-element type="para"/>

2. Associate a separate stylesheet with each namespace, through some
   mechanism yet to be determined.

All the best,

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest