   Re: Announce: xmlarch.py - An XML architectural forms processor written

  • From: Geir Ove Gronmo <grove@infotek.no>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 12:51:32 +0200

At 11:30 24.07.98, Peter Murray-Rust wrote:
>[You may already have done this :-)]. I haven't looked at the distribution,
>but if you or collaborators can find time to put some examples and tutorial
>material together I am sure it would be much appreciated. One of the big
>problems with AFs is getting the message across and showing what they can do.

There are some some test material in the xmlarch.py distribution, but no
general introduction to XML/SGML architectures. There are some references
to resources at the xmlarch homepage (
http://www.infotek.no/~grove/software/xmlarch/xmlarch.html ) though.

I would like to point you to David Megginson's excellent XAF page. There
you will find introductions for both document designers and software
developers. See: http://www.megginson.com/XAF/index.html

Eliot Kimber has also written an introduction called 'A Tutorial
Introduction to SGML Architectures':
http://www.isogen.com/papers/archintro.html

See also The SGML/XML Web Page's links on 'Architectural Forms and SGML/XML
Architectures': http://www.sil.org/sgml/topics.html#archForms

For more formal descriptions see the Architectural Form Definition
Requirements [AFDR]:
http://www.ornl.gov/sgml/wg8/docs/n1920/html/clause-A.3.html and

Geir O.

(un)subscribe xml-dev