   IMB xml for java parser and printing entities

  • From: mika.kekkonen@vtt.fi
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 11:27:59 +0300

How I can print my xml document with ibm parser so that my enties are still
in form &horse;. I have following horse.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE MODULE SYSTEM "horse.dtd">
<MODULE>
&horse;
</MODULE>

and horse.dtd is

<!ELEMENT MODULE (#PCDATA)>
<!ENTITY horse "horsepower">

My MyTest java class (code is from guide.html file which comes with parser
documentation) is

class MyTest {
      String filename = new String(args[0]);
      InputStream is = new FileInputStream(filename);
      TXDocument doc = new com.ibm.xml.parser.Parser(filename).readStream(is);

      String charset = "ISO-8859-1";    // MIME charset name
      String jencode = MIME2Java.convert(charset);
      PrintWriter pw = new PrintWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(System.out,
jencode));
      doc.setEncoding(charset);
      doc.print(pw, jencode);
   }
}

When I run MyTest class with file horse.xml I got following output:

H:\java\classes>java MyTest horse.xml
<!DOCTYPE MODULE SYSTEM "horse.dtd" >
<MODULE>
horsepower
</MODULE>

How can I have &horse; instead of horsepower in my output????

Thanks for any answers.

Mika

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest