   Re: API versioning in SAX

  • From: Toby Speight <tms@ansa.co.uk>
  • To: "XML developers' list" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: 04 Aug 1998 10:14:53 +0100

Michael> Michael Kay <URL:mailto:M.H.Kay@eng.icl.co.uk>

=> In article
=> <000f01bdbf08$d031a540$1e09e391@mhklaptop.bra01.icl.co.uk>, Michael
=> wrote:

Michael> Every time I use SAX, I forget that the parser is allowed to
Michael> hand me data one character at a time if it chooses.  Perhaps
Michael> someone should write a SAX parser that does just that, so I
Michael> can test that my application would cope with it.

You could write a SAX filter that accepts input from the parser of the
moment, and delivers it a character at a time.  It should be fairly
trivial given the filter interface recently posted here.

(un)subscribe xml-dev