   How to process Japanese Code with XMLDSO(MS-XML)

  • From: "
    浜田 伸一郎

    " <shamada@ssel.toshiba.co.jp>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 09:45:25 +0900

I am in front of a probrem that XMLDSO doesn't process Japanese code. Please
tell me to make XMLDSO process Japanese code normally.

Followings are system process I implemented.

1 HTML Page has a XMLDSO Applet and JavaScript Codes and
  a Form Button.
2 If the button is pushed, JavaScript calls XMLDSO method "load"
  via LiveConnection to make XMLDSO parse XML, provided that
  the target XML files of "load" is generated by perl(jperl)
  scriptes CGI or Java CGI.
3 JavaScript makes HTML Table, reading the parsing result
  by DOM-Like XMLDSO methods such as "getChild".

Above programs are for Internet Explorer ver 4.

Candidates of points I should care I think are followings.

1 Which japanese code of XML should I choose?
  ex: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="xxxxx"?>
2 Java VM of IE4 has some probrems about Japanese codes?
  How should I cope with it?

Please advise me. Thank you.

--
HAMADA Shin'ichiro(shamada@ssel.toshiba.co.jp)
S&S Lab #4, Research & Development Center, TOSHIBA Corp.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)