   RE: How to process Japanese Code with XMLDSO(MS-XML)

  • From: "lc LY" <shamada@ssel.toshiba.co.jp>
  • To: "MURATA Makoto" <murata@apsdc.ksp.fujixerox.co.jp>, <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 14:51:40 +0900

Thank you for your advice.

I'm sorry that I forgot that the webpage I made use MSXML Java Parser as an
applet. So I think I don't use C++ MS-XML Parser in the web page but use
Java one. Have I misunderstood it?

>shamada wrote:
>> 1 Which japanese code of XML should I choose?
>>   ex: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="xxxxx"?>
>
>I would recommend UTF-16 (little endian).  Unfortunately, MSIE 4.0
>does not support big endian.  (None of the tools from Microsoft
>do?)

Do you mean that C++ MS-XML Parser enbedded in IE4 can't process support big
endian but UTF-16?

And can Java VM of IE4 process UTF-16?

--
HAMADA Shin-ichiro