   LISTRIVIA (Personal Prefixes, Namespaces and Unique Personal Identifiers

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 12:18:46

At 20:50 07/08/98 +0000, [a poster] wrote:
[...]
>DTDs ?... And the problem of old XML document with new (dynamically
>generated) DTD that Peter mentioned in the log file example can
                     ^^^^^

Namespace collision!!!

I am not sure which Peter is being talked about! (I think it's me, but all
these rocks in my head make it difficult to remember).

Another poster wrote:
   ... [submitting this msg on behalf of Murry (sic)]

It's important to identify these references as precisely as possible :-) We
don't yet have unique personal identifiers. The point is that some people
are new to this list and may not 'know everyone'. Also Henry and I see the
XML-DEV archive as a potentially valuable historic record and it's valuable
to give as many clues as possible. The more consistent this is the easier
it is for people to carry out reformatting (to XML of course). Ideally
every quotation should be identifiable.

Thus:
	- when you quote, try to include information identifying participants
	- identify them by full name if there is any chance of confusion (e.g.
Murray Altheim, Peter Murray-Rust).
	- to keep it friendly I often use a scheme from the MOO culture - adding
the initial only, thus: MurrayA, PeterMR, DavidM.

Of course when this is all XMLised we shall be &murray1;, &pmr23; etc. and
we can have personalised stylesheets at different points of the cascade.

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg

(un)subscribe xml-dev