   Re: XML-RPC

  • From: Hank Ratzesberger <hankr@dnai.com>
  • To: XML Dev <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 13:50:30 -0700

I can see that its a bit strange.  I am not trying to create another RPC
spec, we have a product based on DCE or native RPC. dHTML makes a
reasonable layout mechanism.  What if you want to deliver the layout,
but not necessarily the data?

Java is an excellent cross platform solution, and we support Java as a
client language.  If you don't want to use java, but get cross platform
results, then the browser as client seems to be a reasonable solution.

Further, if you want to script the application, then either http server
or browser needs to know how to parse the script, make the call and
return the data.
Well, I was under the impression from such sites as

http://www.scripting.com/frontier5/xml/code/rpc.html

that there was some interest in a standard notation, but perhaps the fun
is writing your own?

Hank

--
Hank Ratzesberger