   RE: XSchema Spec - Element Declarations (Section 2.2), Draft 6

  • From: "Arnold, Curt" <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@ic.ac.uk'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 17:25:49 -0600

Sorry to reply without researching.

I'm definitely in favor of the MODEL element per my some thoughts on
inheritance message of a few weeks ago.  I assume that MODEL is pretty
much equivalent to GROUP in XML-Data?  Can MODEL include other MODEL
elements?

I'd would really like it if the attributes could be grouped also (and
also contain other attribute groups).  That would make it very easy to
replicate a group of attributes from another element.  Don't know how
complex the impact that would have on the parser.