   Re: XSchema question

  • From: len bullard <cbullard@hiwaay.net>
  • To: Marcus Carr <mrc@allette.com.au>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 21:27:05 -0500

Marcus Carr wrote:

> Jon Bosak wrote:
>
> > Ah, but Lou got his champagne: he sold EBT for a tidy sum and is now
> > happily retired...

I am reminded of stories of insider trading in which some retiring
gentleman trumpeted overvalued stock just prior to cashing out.

> Hopefully we can all meet Lou and each other at the first annual 'Wealthy Former
> SGML/XMLers Confrence'. I'm proposing the Barrier Reef, but will of course be
> flexible...

As far as I know, you can hold that reunion in a rowboat and
spell each other at the oars.  SGML didn't make too many
folks wealthy (I can think of three but one already had
money.)  XML might, but the tendancy these days is to
make money on applications as the market for core technology
is gutted.

On the other hand, domain name trading turned profitable and
I keep wondering when the rush to conquer and own namespaces
will begin.  In a document of interweaving hierarchies, it
would be good to control the central threads.  Copyright law
applied to namespaces... hmm.

len

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest