Lists Home |
Date Index |
- From: james anderson <James.Anderson@mecomnet.de>
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 21:34:41 +0200
V. please explain why namespace partitions are necessary.
it is neither clear why the namespace partitions are necessary nor are the
advantages of implementing them evident. how would they change either
the expressiveness or the correctness of a document?
1. any element-relative attribute-name qualification, for example for the
purpose of xlink or xsl specification could be accomplished with an additional
clause which constrained the element type name.
2. since the element type name needs in itself to be unique there is no
advantage to additional qualification for the attribute names for the purpose
of attribute declaration.
is there some other reason?
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
To (un)subscribe, mailto:email@example.com the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:email@example.com)