   Re: wd-xml-names: resolve the element name in the scope of its contai

  • From: james anderson <James.Anderson@mecomnet.de>
  • To: XML Dev <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 00:12:32 +0200

John Cowan wrote:

> Tim Bray scripsit:
>

> > Gosh, it's nice to have you here to interpret.  If we were going to
> > do that, then you couldn't have namespaces on the root element;
>
> Not using the draft's machinery, anyhow.  A PI could put a namespace
> on the root element.

Agreed.

The declaration is for "content only". A second declaration form for "self +
content" is not necessary. Either the PI form or the method of putting pseudo
attributes on "physical-entity-specific" declarations is sufficient. For the
former method, the PI should be permitted in external entities in addition to
within the prologue, in order to afford the necessary control over declarations.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)