   Re: [help]xml4j (linux)

  • From: "Thuy-Linh Nguyen" <tln@insect.sd.monash.edu.au>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:54:52 +0000

Hi !

Thank you Ross, for reminding me that :-)
The problem is requoted here:

>Now jre seems to work ok. But when running this command:
>>jre -cp xml4j.jar trlx -d personal.xml

>I got this error:

>>SIGSEGV 11* segmentation violation
>>
>>Full thread dump:
>>Killed

>I'm running xml4j 1.0.4 and jdk 1.1.3. I've tried
>>jre -cp xml4j_1.0.4.jar trlx -d personal.xml

>and still got the same error

Solution: change to jdk1.1.5 !
I'm not sure whether my jdk1.1.3 installation has something wrong
with it, or the 1.1.3 version does not work with xml4j. I got both of
them on my machine, and a soft link from "java" to jdk1.1.3. All what
I did was to change "java" to link to jdk1.1.5.

Cheers,
Thuy-Linh.

> Date:          Wed, 12 Aug 1998 20:11:10 +1000
> To:            Thuy-Linh Nguyen <tln@insect.sd.monash.edu.au>
> From:          Ross Moore <ross@mpce.mq.edu.au>
> Subject:       Re: [help]xml4j (linux)

> >Hi !
> >I've solved my problem !!! :-))) Sorry to bother you !
> >
> Glad to hear it...
>
> ...but would you please give a brief indication of what was wrong,
> so it's on record in case it happens to someone else too
>  --- even if only something silly like not setting a path variable.
>
> That fact that you had a problem is already on record,
> so the solution ought to be there as well.
>
> Cheers,
>
> 	Ross Moore

Thuy-Linh Nguyen
CSSE, PO Box 197, Monash Univerisity, Caulfield East, VIC 3145, Australia
Ph: 61-3-9903-2041, Fax: 61-3-9903-1077, http://www.sd.monash.edu.au/~tln/