   Ann: XML Syntax Checker

  • From: Dave Winer <dave@userland.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 12:08:52 -0700

Let's try this again...

Here's the URL for our new XML Syntax Checker:

http://www.scripting.com/frontier5/xml/code/syntaxChecker.html

And thanks to the people who sent private email pointing this out. It was
an honest mistake, coming from the tradition of HTML Validators, neither
parser is a validating parser, glad to get a chance to correct this.

Also we would appreciate results of any tests that show bugs in our parser.
Part of the reason for putting this page up is to get a thorough review of
our parser by people who don't work in Frontier. The purpose of XML is to
enable interchange of information, so it makes a ton of sense to get our
functionality reviewed by people who aren't in our community of users and
developers.

Also, one other thing, that one of the correspondents didn't pick up on.
You have a choice of parsers, either the one built into Frontier 5.1.3, or
Brian Andresen's adaptation of James Clark's expat parser, running in the
Frontier environment. There's a pair of radio buttons just above the Submit
button that allows you to make a choice. Programmers working in Frontier
have the same choice.

Dave