   Re: Reminder: XSchema spec under review

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 12:45:11 -0400

Peter Murray-Rust writes:
>I may have got this wrong but I seem to remember that at some stage you
>were going to publish a complete draft (i.e. covering all the sections) and
>then we would have a week or so to have a hack at it. It's only at that
>stage that I would think about actually trying to implement it in JUMBO (or
>bolt in the xsc2dtd and dtd2xsc stuff). Am I right in thinking we haven't
>quite reached that stage yet?

That's right; this two-week review of the first three parts does two things:

1) Lets us make sure that the foundations are strong before we write the
funkier material.  The review so far has been useful for that.

2) Lets Ron Bourret, who's done most of the implementation so far, get back
from his vacation.  I have some rough material for Section 4, but he's the
main impetus on that section and hasn't yet seen some of the changes we've
made.

Section 4 in particular is going to be sticky; 5 is mostly a matter of a PI
that I'm getting under control.

After it's all here, we'll have another review of the whole thing.  We're
almost there...

Simon St.Laurent
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth (November)