   Is there a size limitation on XML file given to MSXSL as input?

  • From: "Amit Rekhi" <amitr@abinfosys.com>
  • To: "Xml-Dev (E-mail)" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 18:26:12 +0530

Hello,

ENVIRONMENT :-

Web Browser :- IE 4.01
XSL Processor :- MSXSL ActiveX Control

        Is there a restriction on the size of the XML file I give as input
to the MSXSL ActiveX control?
        I am using the MSXSL ActiveX control to display a XML file using the
following :-
    .
    .
    .
<OBJECT ID="XSLControl"
CLASSID="CLSID:2BD0D2F2-52EC-11D1-8C69-0E16BC000000"
                            codebase="msxsl.cab" width="100" height="100">
(***)  <PARAM NAME="documentURL" VALUE="Test.xml">
  <PARAM NAME="styleURL" VALUE="Test.xsl">
</OBJECT>
    .
    .
    .

PROBLEM

    Now when I give the documentURL property of the MSXSL (see *** above) an
XML file (say test.xml) which contains a large amount of data (say about
100-150 instances each element) , MSXSL does not render the XML file
(test.xml).

    Infact IE 4.01 hangs!

QUESTIONS

1) Is there a limitation on the amount of XML elements that can be present
in a XML file given as input to the MSXSL processor?

2) If so what is it?

3) If there exists a length limitation then ,how to send XML files
containing large amounts of data to MSXSL ActiveX control?

                    Any help would be appreciated,
                    Thanks in advance,

AMIT REKHI

Software Engineer,