   Notation Declarations?

  • From: Tyler Baker <tyler@infinet.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 12:04:13 -0400

Unlike the specification for Element Declarations, Entity Declarations,
and Attribute List declarations, there is nothing that I can find on
Notations which says what you are supposed to do if a Notation with a
particular Name is declared more than once.

Basically I am just wondering if you should:

(1) Replace the old NotationDecl with the new NotationDecl
(2) Ignore all new NotationDecls after the first encountered
NotationDecl has been declared
(3) Throw an error

One other thing I have been wondering about is how best to present
validity errors to the application.  Many validity errors cannot be
found in a stream-based parser until the end of the document has been
reached, so in a lot of ways it would make sense to batch all validation
errors in a list and present them to the application at the end of the
document.

>From what I have already been told, the spec says nothing about how a
validating processor is supposed to present validity errors, just that
they are to be presented as recoverable errors in some fashion.

Thanx in advance,

Tyler

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest