   Re: XML is boring

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 21:29:16

At 07:28 11/09/98 -0700, Dave Winer wrote:
[...]
>We have two projects that generate XML files every day.
>
>One is a siteChanges.xml file for our server, www.scripting.com. It's very
>useful, if the search engines, or one search engine would read the damned
>file. If every webmaster produced one, the time to re-index the web would
>be dramatically shortened, and the search engines that used this would kick
>their competition's butts.

I think this is a great demonstration of XML-over-the-wire - exactly what I
was looking for. I pointed JUMBO2 at it and the default display shows the
siteChanges file beautifully - without any customisation. If I knew the
date convention I could even sort on dates...

This is the first 'real' non-textual XML file I have downloaded from an
'unknown' site and I'm delighted with how it all works.

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg

(un)subscribe xml-dev