   Re: Preference Files

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:56:43 -0400

At 10:30 AM 9/23/98 -0400, Jonathan Robie wrote:
>Is there any advantage in going beyond the simplified form of RDF that is
>used in DCD? That would be enough to identify the data types, and it looks
>like it allows very readable formats (like David's first example) while
>still maintaining the information needed for generic programmatic handling
>(like David's second example).

Actually, reading the DCD proposal is what finally dropped me out of
'potential believer' status.  RDF seems to me too far, too fast, without
enough compelling reasons that I can see. If that's heresy, then so be it.
 DCD will receive discussion in this book, but no extended examples - it's
only a NOTE, after all.

Simon St.Laurent
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth (November)