   Re: Ownership of Names (was Re: Public identifiers and topic maps)

  • From: Frank Blau <fblau@nina.snohomish.wa.gov>
  • To: John Cowan <cowan@locke.ccil.org>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 10:36:05 -0700

I've lurked long on this list...

When I talk to people about XML, one of the "problems" I identify is the
overabundance of navel-gazing academic esoterica in the standards committees...
This list provides more examples of that than anything else (short of Dilbert)...

Can we stop arguing about what are essentially personal, political and/or
philosophical positions and get back to xml development issues? I can't believe I'm
reading about whether or not "acceptation" is "sui generis"...

Frank

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)