   Re: SOX

  • From: "Bill la Forge" <b.laforge@jxml.com>
  • To: "Michael Kay" <M.H.Kay@eng.icl.co.uk>, <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 09:24:00 -0400

From: Michael Kay <M.H.Kay@eng.icl.co.uk>

>One thing that isn't in SAXON but is needed is support for
>IDREF or more generally for XPointer chasing within a
>document or from one document to another. Don't know if this
>is in scope for SOX!

In coins v2, I've added both generic support for IDREF and a
specialized IDREF for registering an EventListener.

I also found it vital, when going to wrapper elements, that
the Bindings document specify the class of the application
object as well as the class of the wrapper element. --This
allows a wrapper element to handle any application object
that implements a particular interface.

Michael, I love the idea of specifying a pattern rather than
just an element name. We should definately borrow from
XSL here.

I also think IDREF should be in scope, and there again,
I like the idea of XPointer.

Bill

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest