   XML data model

  • From: "Bill la Forge" <b.laforge@jxml.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 11:06:24 -0400

One of the things I suspect we need to be able to map
XML documents into application components is a data
model of some kind.

Coins v2 addresses these issues, all be it very crudly.
This is done using a ClassDecl document for each
element-to-bean mapping and a Bindings
document for mapping element types to wrapper and
application classes.

The documentation for Bindings and ClassDecl is
now available at http://www.jxml.com/coins/index.html
I would suggest that there is very little of value in the
form that these ml's take, and that they are quite
incomplete as well. (And is entirely too closely
tied to Java.)

But I suggest to you that this is an early first step
towards the data model that we need to tie XML
syntax to document processing semantics.

Bill

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)