   Re: XObjects

  • From: "Bill la Forge" <b.laforge@jxml.com>
  • To: "Tyler Baker" <tyler@infinet.com>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 14:59:59 -0400

From: Tyler Baker <tyler@infinet.com>
>> This again allow for greater integration with the DOM without either
>> precluding or excluding the use of SAX.
>
>Is this a goal?  Why should we be working with the DOM for DOM's sake.  I
just
>don't see the reason why the DOM is necessary here and I consider it to be
an
>intermediary form of bloar.

We may be driving towards fundamentally different things.
I am not sure if there is a significant overlap.

I see XObject as being founded in the DOM for navigation,
with a set of bindings which transforms a document into a
composition of components which themselves are an active
aspect of the application:

    document + bindings + classes = application-specific agent

This approach precludes many things. It is not generic to
XML processing.

Bill

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest